Thursday 31 October 2013

Cleanliness is Right Next to Godliness: Part 2

As a makeup artist, dirty brushes are the bane of my existence. I have had many fantasies of midnight elves who scurry in and take care of my dirty brush problem while I sleep soundly but alas, this has yet to happen. I remain hopeful though.
In the meantime, here is the method I use and it works really well.



First you need dirty brushes

\
Then you need some good old washing up liquid


and some extra virgin olive oil


Pour one part olive oil and two parts washing up liquid in a bowl


Swish your brush around in the mixture until the bristles are completely covered


And the mixture starts to get a little foamy, then swish the brush around on your palm for good measure.


Rinse the brush off with some warm water 


Voila! Clean brushes


Let the wet brushes lay out to dry on some clean paper towels overnight.

Repeat the process if the brushes are not entirely clean.


Some things to note

Try not to get water past the neck of your brushes as water looses the glue that holds the bristles together and if that happens, your brushes will start to shed.

I have had absolutely no problems with breakouts using this method so be confident that it is safe.

The brushes shown are by a company called Real Techniques. I got mine from Boots
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment