Friday 4 October 2013

Cleanliness is Right Next to Godliness

I had a little look in a friend's makeup bag recently and I was truly horrified by what I found.
The outside was not bad at all. In fact it was a rather nice bag, sleek with gold hardware. Then I open the zipper and looked inside... Dear God I looked inside.
First, the entire interior had gone from black to a sort of moist brown. Each product was covered in well.... other products and to top it off, you could just tell that she had had some of those products for more than a few years.

If this is starting to sound like you then consider this your little slap on the wrist.
It is important to keep your makeup clean and germ free to avoid transferring germs to your face.
A little wipe down with the trusty rubbing alcohol and a kitchen towel is a really good way to keep makeup germ free.
With powders, spray a little bit of the alcohol on the surface of the products and keep them open until completely dry.

Finally for arguably the most ignored part of makeup care, ladies ....and gentlemen who wear makeup, here is a little chart I created to save you from breakouts and quite frankly, blindness. It tells you how long on average to keep different types of products.
Print it out, Pin it up and Follow it!

You can thank me later.
xx



1 comment: