Monday 23 September 2013

Oh So Beautiful Face of the Day

This beauty wanted a look to wear to a wedding ceremony. Her specific requests were that she wanted something that was subtle and would stay on all day. 
She was really happy with the look we came up with and I thought it was quite beautiful too if I may say so myself.
The secret to long lasting makeup is a primer. I used M.A.C's prep and prime on her face and Urban Decay's primer potion to prime her eyelids.
To help lipsticks stay on for as long as possible, apply a lip liner on the lips before the lipstick goes on.

Before

After













8 hours later without a touch up

16 hours later, after a 3 course meal, many many drinks and a crazy dance session. Still no touch up!

Email me for bookings!
xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with, ok here goes:

    1) What do you recommend to use when setting your make-up? I want my make up to stay looking fresh for 8 hours too!!

    2) What is the best liquid and pencil eyeliner that will not run or smudge? My under the eye liner seems to smudge instantly no matter what I try

    3) I want to buy an eye shadow palet - which brand is the best for long lasting eye shadows that won't fade

    4) I also wondered what is the best bronzer/blusher (I dont know which one I need to use to get the look) to use to get a bronzey-gold shimmer on my cheeks

    Also - I was wondering if you were possibly free on Saturday 1st February to do my make-up?

    Thanks!
    Shanelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shannelle,
    1. There are a couple of things you could do to help your makeup stay on for longer. One would be to use a setting spray after application. I would recommend MAC's fix plus. A cheaper alternative is the E.L.F setting spray. It works really well too.
    A skin primer also helps your makeup stay on longer and apply smoother. M.A.C does one (Prep and Prime).
    2. Try setting whatever pencil liner you have with a black eye shadow after applying it. That should help it stay on longer.
    3. Sleek does really pigmented eye shadow palettes that are cheap and stay on. You should also invest in an eye shadow primer. That should give whatever eyeshadow you use extra staying power. A good one is Urban Decay's primer potion. Urban decay is available in Debenhams.
    4. A good blush with a bronzing effect is M.A.C's Sweet as Cocoa. To give the top of your cheekbones an extra highlight, you could use M.A.C's mineralise skin finish in Ambering Lights.

    I am available on the 1st of February. Email me at missoboro@gmail.com

    I'm glad I could help

    ReplyDelete