Thursday 5 September 2013

Vampire Invasion

Hide yo wives, hide yo kids, its a vampire invasion!!

I consider myself quite open minded as relating to things of beauty. There is not a lot  I simply will not try... Hair growth concoctions involving Cayenne pepper, Beer Shampoo, Aspirin facial masks, Mud masks, Raw eggs and Avocados.. none of which went into a salad. Name it, chances are that I've tried it.

Ladies and gentlemen, today I stumbled across something that challenged the beauty adventurer in me to its very core. Something that made me question how far I could go. Something rather weird and quite wonderful. Dear readers, I present to you, The Vampire facial!

The Vampire facial also known as  the Vampire facelift is quite popular in the US and increasingly so on this side of the pond. It is a non invasive cosmetic procedure that involves taking blood from the arm and injecting it into the face.

A person's blood is drawn and the platelets separated from red blood cells. It is then turned into something called Platelet rich plasma (PRP) and then injected back into the face.

The 'vampire facelift', trademarked by cosmetic surgeon, Charles Runel, is said to help reduce wrinkles, and increase facial volume to achieve a youthful appearance. The effects last for 15 months.
This cosmetic procedure  will set you back about £400 in the UK.


What do you guys think? Is this going too far? or is this a small price to pay in this eternal quest for youth?


Here are pictures of reality TV star Kim Kardashian shortly after her Vampire facelift.
xx





images courtesy of bitten and bound

No comments:

Post a Comment