Tuesday 13 August 2013

By this I solemnly swear



A few months ago I started on a hair challenge; to grow and retain at least 5 inches of hair in one year and to find ways to make sure the growth is thick and healthy. I have researched and tried out many MANY "spells and potions"in these few months and I feel like I have finally found what works best for me. ...at least for now.
I thought I'd share my "if you could pick one" product with you my lovely lovely people. My favourite product of the moment is *drumroll please*  Castor Oil!!!. Specifically, Black Jamaican Castor Oil. This oil has definitely worked wonders for my hair, especially in my nape which was a problem area.

I use castor oil mainly in three ways.

As a hot oil treatment

As a sealant after moisturising
For scalp massages to encourage circulation


If you decide to try Castor Oil, here are a few things to remember.

Ensure to get 100% natural castor oil

The darker the castor oil, the better. (This means the castor beans were roasted for a long period which leads to a high ash content in the oil. High ash content = good).
Castor oil is quite thick so you can thin it out by mixing it with other natural oils. I use coconut oil. 



If anyone out there has any good hair growth tips for me, please share.

xx



( P.S If you were curious, my hair challenge is going really well. It looks like I just might meet my target guys! Wish me luck)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Oh. Thanks for the tips so far! Question on this one though, how do you use Castor oil for hot oil treatment? And what do you mean by 'as a sealant after moisturising'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten this question a fair bit since this post went up. I will put up a detailed "how to" post soon so you can look forward to that.

    ReplyDelete