Friday 9 August 2013

Oh So Beautiful Face of the Day


Every now and again I will be putting up different makeup looks I have created, for your viewing pleasure. 

This lovely lady was going to a friend's wedding. She wanted a bold look that featured red and gold tones and would stay on all day. This is what I came up with.

Eyes

Urban decay primer potion
On the mobile lid I used M.A.C's Cranberry
In the inner eyelid I used M.A.C's Ambering lights
The brow bone highlight is MUA's matte cream eyeshadow 
In the crease I used a dark brown from Sleek's Storm palette
On the outer V I used a matte black from Sleek's Storm palette 

Face

M.A.C's Prep and Prime 
MUA's eyebrow pencil in brown
Revlon's Foundation 
M.A.C's Select coverup concealer
On the cheeks I used M.A.C's raizin
To contour I used Sleek's contour kit in dark
On her waterline I used MUA's black kohl pencil

Lips

M.A.C's Ruby Woo

Smile

Model's own

To non makeup users this probably seems like a TON of products. Never fear, you  really can pick and chose what eye products to use if you choose to recreate a look similar to this. As for the products I used on her face, we were going for a semi flawless look that would stay on all day in warm weather conditions. Again, you can choose to leave out a few of those products. My choices need only serve as a guide.

If you would like to see a video tutorial on this look, please let me know.

xx







2 comments:

  1. Very very nicely done, I definitely need a tutorial on how to make eye shadow look like that. I didn't realise the eyes had that many parts - mobile lid, inner lid, crease, V...*phew*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thank you so much. The eyes do have quite a few parts. It is all not as complicated as it sounds though.

      Delete